Swan River Yoga Work-Study Scholarship Program
Swan River Yoga wishes to make the practice and teachings available to all members of the community. This program is meant especially for those that wish to deepen their studies, be around other like-minded members more consistently or for those that would otherwise not have the option due to a current economic status. Our studio could not operate without the reliability of our work-study and we consider them family. The operation, cleanliness and organization of our space is of high importance.
This is not a volunteer position. Scholarship staff must demonstrate respect, reliability and accountability.
The Scholarship shifts are a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 5 hours. In exchange, you will receive a scholarship of class credits. The 3 and 4-hour shifts will give 1 class credit per hour worked. The 5 hour shift will receive unlimited yoga classes. You will also receive a 20% discount on White Swan Events. The commitment is for 1 shift per week, for a 6 month duration.
To be eligible for the SRY Scholarship program you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Commit to the position for at least 6 months
- Be a “people” person and exhibit excellent communication skills
- Possess strong administrative skills
- Be willing to be trained on our software and procedures
- Regularly attend Swan River Yoga classes
- Reliably attend occasional staff meetings
- Be punctual, dependable, and trustworthy
As a participant in the SRY Scholarship program, you will be expected to:
- Check students into class
- Perform cleaning duties
- Answer questions from clients, through phone calls, emails and in person
- Double-check MINDBODY to ensure all enrolled clients are paid
If you are interested in being a part of the SRY Scholarship Program, please fill out the form below.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.