Should I Come to Class?
We are gradually reopening and would love to have you come to class, but we need to let you know about our new safety protocols first.
If you are feeling under the weather, including, but not limited to flu or COVID-like symptoms, do not come to class.
If you DO have COVID symptoms, you will be asked to stay away from the studio for at least 14 days. If you cancel because you are sick, those class credits can be re-used when you are well. Otherwise, if you reserve a space but don’t come, those credits are non-refundable. Our space is limited and our business appreciates your commitment during this time.
We ask that you follow these protocols before attending yoga class:
1. Check temperature before you attend. Do not attend yoga with any flu, Covid-19 or sickness symptoms in the past 48 hours.
2. If you have tested positive for Covid-19, do not attend yoga for at least 14 days.
3. If you have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please do not attend within the 14 day period afterwards.
4. Sign up in advance for all classes through the MindBody app or on our website here.
5. Sign the Covid-19 waiver (view here) each time you enter the building.
6. Sanitize your hands when entering the building and before departure.
7. Proceed to the studio floor to set up your mat so that we can continue to welcome students and sign them in.
8. Attend yoga freshly clean and in clean clothes.
9. Wash hands thoroughly before coming to yoga class.
10. Bring your own mat and props.
11. Maintain as little contact with surfaces as possible.
12. Wait in car or outside the door until 15 minutes prior to class start time. Enter through the door on floor 2.
13. Maintain at least 6 feet distance between each other at all times. No touching. No hugging. Air hugs and Namaste are awesome.
1. We have thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
2. We will clean all high touch areas between classes as well as thoroughly clean daily.
3. All teachers are required to self-assess for any flu, Covid-19 or sickness symptoms. No teacher is permitted to teach with any symptoms. Any teacher and/or staff who receives a postive Covid-19 test result are asked not to enter the building for 30 days.
4. We have set up tape to guide you to place your mat at least 6 feet away from other students.
5. No physical contact. No hugs, handshakes or physical assists.
6. Masks are required while in the building.
7. Teachers will stay on their mats and teach amazing yoga. We will begin with a limited schedule. Keep in mind, we still plan to keep our online virtual classes active. Some live classes may be streamed, however, students will not be seen on camera.
Prior to Class:
Students are highly encouraged to pre-register and pay for class ahead of time as space is limited. *Swan River can process cards on file if needed.
To pre-register for a class:
- Download the MindBody app on your phone.
- Search for and select Swan River Yoga in the app.
- Choose your class.
- Purchase a pass in the app (pricing here: https://www.swanriveryoga.com/pricing/).
*Please commit to the class you have registered for as space is limited.
Please take these safety precautions in preparation for class.
- Bring your own mat & props.
- Shower before arrival & wear clean clothes to class.
- Use the restroom & wash hands before arrival (of course the restroom is available, we are just trying to limit contact on surfaces).
We are Committed to these Precautionary Measures
- Mat markers have been set up in the studio to allow everyone to practice social distancing.
- Students who arrive more than 5 minutes late will not be allowed to enter the studio and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Swan River will maintain a limited class schedule temporarily and will continue our online presence (in-studio classes may be streamed, but no students will be visible in the live stream).
- Classes are scheduled at least 30 minutes apart from one another, allowing time for:
- Staff to sanitize door handles, counters, and any other high touch surfaces including the floor.
- Students to enter and exit class.
Entering and exiting:
- Enter 15 minutes prior to class, one at a time, single file procession guided by the instructor or staff member from the 2 floor entrance.
- Use hand sanitizer provided by Swan River immediately when entering the building as well as before exiting.
- Exit one at a time, guided by the instructor.
When arriving at the studio, please wait outside.
- The teacher or staff will unlock the door 10 minutes before class start time. Please enter through the second floor door.
- Use hand santizer and sign the Covid-19 Swan River Yoga waiver each time you enter the building.
- You will also be asked to confirm that you pre-registered for the class.
- Stand a minimum of 6 feet from the teacher or staff and state your name to confirm class registration.
- Upon entering the studio, remove your shoes and set your mat up at a designated mat space on the studio floor. Please take all personal belongings including shoes with you to your mat.
- No physical contact. No hugs, handshakes or physical assists. Air hugs and Namaste are recommended.
- Line the top of your mat up with the designated marked spot on the floor for safe distancing.
- Do not use the studio’s props.
- After class, the teacher will direct students to exit the yoga room and studio one at time.
- Please no congregating in the studio.
Wearing a Mask
- Swan River Yoga is following all mandates for the City of New Orleans during Phase 2.
- Everyone is asked to wear a mask at all times while in Swan River Yoga (2940 Canal Street).
- Teachers and staff will all practice social distancing. This means that teachers will stay on their yoga mat while teaching and will not offer hands on assists.
GUIDELINES TO TEACHERS
- You must stay on your mat, You can not walk around while you teach.
- No hands on assists at all or hugs
- Just like Zoom, do the entire class with the students so that they can see you if they can’t see you talk.
- Talk louder and keep the music down low
- All Teachers and staff wear a mask while in the building per Phase 2 guidelines
- All students will sign waivers each day to keep you safe
- All students will be given a mask if they do not have one
- All students will be given hand sanitizer if they don’t have it
- All students will be given a designated taped off mat space, ushering in 6 feet apart
- All classes get 15 minutes to get ushered in through floor 2
- All students will get ushered out right after class and can not congregate in the building.
- Floor 2 is the only floor students have access to
- The Floor 2 bathroom is the only bathroom anyone is allowed to use
- We are not providing props at all so bring your own props to also if you will demo using props.
- The first floor and all of our props are off limits
- No one is to enter the first floor studio
- 1st floor bathroom is for good karma only
- 2nd floor entry and exit only unless buying something in boutique
- Props will be available for sale